minishorts.net
Saturday, September 21
 
Food!!! Lots and lots of it... that's my first thought when I arrived at Saisaki Restaurant at UOA II yesterday... for around 43++, there's quite a platter at this place, there's my favourite salmon (loads of it, even though I didn't take too much), the shobu-shobu (I think that's how its called), a bit of korean food here and there, many, many varieties of drinks, tempura, teppanyaki... everything Japanese lah... I had a really filling time, and I mean to go there again, maybe bring ma there cos she's so fond of sashimi and all that.

Yesterday was actually a reunion of sorts for 8 of us who went to school together back in 1997... everybody's working now, except me and Pek Yong lah... Aih, everyone's a professional!!! Out of the 8, excluding Pek Yong and myself, I think 5 are working engineers ( what a classy and prestigious moniker eh? ) and the other is a hotshot computer programmer... Aih... sorta makes me feel a little belittled by my pending degree. Who cares if I'm going to get a first class honours in my degree? I'm still not a bloody professional. And if I were to marry Pek Yong, he'd only be a doctor in another 4 years!!!

Gosh... I'm beginning to sound as if I care a lot about material possessions!! Hey, the world is a materialistic one. Read Seize The Day? Human beings can't help it. We're married to suffering, whether or not we choose to love it is another matter. Of course I don't love suffering, but I keep getting dragged into it, mostly due to my horrible, horrible penchant to envying other people's luck and fortune. I suppose they have their own problems also, but mine's different. Mine's suffering from a lack of money-related prestiges... aih... OKAY, money isn't everything!!! YES I KNOW I KNOW ... just, when you see this people with their freedom in the workplace and their financial stability, it makes you envious.

Anyway there's good coming out of all this. Just makes me want to work harder to succeed. I do hope I'm able to grad with a first class in another 6 months. I'll be sooooo happy ....
 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger