minishorts.net
Monday, September 23
 
I'm beginning to think I'm a little bit of a hypocrite as I go along my daily blogging. If you think about the following poem by Emily Dickinson, maybe you'd agree a whole lot with me... after all we are all nobodies aren't we?

I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us, ---don't tell!
They'd banish us, you know.

How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!


So, it boils down to this ... telling my life story as each day passes - what am I trying to do really? Trying to be famous? Of course that's a little dream, just a little dream ... of becoming as famous as JK Rowling when one of sudden bolds of inspirations give me a good jumpstart to a promising plot that will perhaps, surpass Harry Potter and make me the most famous Asian of all time - because MY writings made it to the world. Because I'm just about the only Chinese, Malaysian, Female nobody who made it big with her little stories to little people....

Wishful thinking. Thank goodness for Dickinson who brings us back down to earth and reality. Aih... she's rubbing off on me, she really is....
 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger