minishorts.net
Saturday, September 14
 
Watched Signs today; cool movie. Although after watching three Night Shymalayan's movies, the novelty of seeing the director having a cameo, but significant role in all three movies has worn off. Especially in this one... I mean, how on earth does a Sub-Indian continent ethnic find his way into a typical, all white, traditional farming town in Pennsylvania? Doesn't make sense, although I still do enjoy the fact that all three movies involve superb acting from cute, cute kids. I love Bo - she's really, really cute. Super cute. Chubby and all that.

Tuesday's the day for Critical App and I'm like, clueless about what's going to really happen then. Dr N. Round Round, Yun Yun . Heck, she's a little off, as usual and I dread to see her papers. I typically committed suicide in my Professional Writing paper, thanks to that god knows blocked/unblocked format crap; and then for Language in Lit I'm also as good as dead since I totally bluffed my way throughout the whole 2 hours. Only Dr. Q's paper seems hopeful. Since he told me he liked my writing for the assignment of course. Thank God for this gift at crapping. It doesn't come to better use than this.

I'm thinking of writing a novel these days; have the plot ready even - first person narrative of a Straits born, 7th generation Chinese girl who ends up in a public university in M'sia by choice and her bittersweet struggles to achieve 'stardom' at varsity. A bit of love of course, maybe cross cultural- i'm still deciding. I just intend to dedicate a whole chunk of the story to the unfortunate partiality experienced by students at public universities... still working out a way to make it not so controversial. Just in case its good enough to be published. I don't want it to be so good that the government will not like the indications of such a story --- ok so yes, my story has a rather controversial theme - race politics. Don't you hate those things?



 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger