minishorts.net
Monday, October 7
 
I'm quite okay looking really. Don't be fooled by the photo that I posted up... Anyway I'm the girl in orange T with a rope dangling down her neck and her tongue sticking out. In case you're wondering, I'm the only Malaysian in the photo, but yeah we're all Chinese, the other 5 are all from Taiwan and we took this photo after one of the cultural nights of the recent Asia Pacific Youth Conference by Moral Re-Armament - Initiatives of Change.

I love attending conferences and I'll be going to one of the better ones next week. Correction, I've been working with the Organising Committee of one of the better conferences next week!... Its the annual National Leadership Development Seminar that's one of the highlights in the AIESEC calendar... this is our Malaysian version. This time around, besides the usual universities: UM, UPM, UKM, USM, UUM and UUM, we have foreign delegates from Thailand joining us!!!!

Well... I'm not promoting, just... after weeks of contacting stingy companies, I guess with the high rates of marketing failures, I'm trying to optimistically start my posting before I conduct my personal self mortem.... And the results are as follows:

- Never, ever become marketing manager for three events in a row. Companies recognise voices, if you succeed in the first event, you'll succeed in the second but the third is always destined to fail.
- Be professional BUT never, ever overdo the 'I'm a student but I'm also a professional' attitude. It sucks and it makes you lose credibility.
- Never ever try to attempt for high CGPAs and aim for big incomes into your organising committee efforts at the same time. You'll fail miserably in both.

All the same, we didn't do too bad, although I was dying to get some company to sponsor the printing of some T-shirts for us... well, maybe I wished too much. Anyway we've got free drinks and ice cream, Mix FM is coming for a visit, we've got toothpaste and biscuits and MOVIE PASSES!!!! ... So I guess I shouldn't be complaining too much ...

Back to the photo: Don't be fooled ... please... I'm really quite okay looking. Somebody please affirm that statement.
 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger