minishorts.net
Sunday, December 1
 
I actually got to watch two romantic comedies in two days... GSC is celebrating its 3rd anniversary so the tickets are going quite cheap at RM 6 each... which is really, less than USD 2 (which proves yet again, the plusses of being in Malaysia).

The first one was of course Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest... a great adaptation of the play on the big screen... even though I do not like Reese Witherspoon, her portrayal of Cecily Cardew is really true to the book (actually I thought everyone was good especially Rupert Everett as Algernon Moncrieff) ... and I'd always seen Judi Dench as Lady Bracknell... I love Cecily's daydreams put to life (the knight in shining armor thingy). Just one thing, I wish Lane had more things to say... he isn't nearly as witty as Wilde wrote him to be (now doesn't that sound pretty faked-British?)... I think that's the good thing about proper plays, not like novels... your imagination won't tend to stray as far as it would if you read novels or fiction where the writer describes the scenes and readers get to picture them liberally. But plays keep your straying mind within control, which is why, I suppose, I enjoyed the movie so much. Go watch it. Better still, read the play and watch it. And the play is of the same title, if you're wondering.

The other movie I caught was Kate and Leopold, starring Meg Ryan and Hugh Jackman (Wolverine of X-man fame) ... its that's kind of candy-sweet romance chick flick lah, which explains why the cinema was filled with couples (of course I watched it with my boyfriend). I watched it on Prime Saturday 9pm and still only paid RM 12 for two tickets. The movie was illogical but good entertainment. Its about this Duke (Jackman) from the 19th century who jumps off the Brooklyn bridge into the time portal and end up in modern day New York... of course the lady of his dreams has to be Meg Ryan... and as far as Meg Ryan movies go, they never go wrong. I thought Hugh Jackman was deliciously succulent (now don't I sound like Wolf from The 10th Kingdom - a miniseries recently ended on NTV7), and his manners were immaculately romantic - I wish my boyfriend could be half as good as him..... ah......
 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger