minishorts.net
Wednesday, December 18
 
I made another non-bake cake again today for the weekend, my early Christmas. Actually I've spent a lot on Christmas. The other day I bought a pair of shoes from Studio for Mom. Those were a little more than 50. And then I bought the very, very cute, big bellied Santa from Russ for RM 70 for Pek Yong. I actually wanted it for myself but figured out that Mom's pretty anti-soft toy now since I have so many, especially since I've been bringing them all out to wash. I bought it for PY so that I get to meet and cuddle Santa more often. Plus the clothes and stuff I've bought for myself. I think everything amounted to around 800 ringgit. Add another 500 or so I'd get my digital camera. Ah... the perils of being caught in the midst of the M'sian Mega Sale!!!

Anyway, back to my cake. I think its a flop this time. The last time I made tiramisu I never bothered to put vanilla extract because there wasn't any at home, but today I added a teaspoon. Now the cheese doesn't smell like cheese. It stinks of vanilla. I hate vanilla. Yucks. Oh yeah, I changed the base too!!! Instead of ladyfingers I crushed oreo with its cream. I hope that'll make up for the excess vanilla smell. I also added 2 tablespoons of Kahlua and a big dollop of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup, with hopes of making up for the vanilla stench. So far it still spells VANILLA...... urgh!!! I wonder how it will taste. Will see tomorrow!!!

Did I mentioned I went to MidValley yesterday afternoon at 12noon to try to get LOTR Gold Class Tickets for Thursday's opening? The crowd!!! Horrible, horrible. You'd never believe it was a working Tuesday with the queue you had to survive to get into the car park. I had to enter through J,K entrance (which is NOT that known to people, and after this entry I hope people still won't know it) to get into carpark D and still I had to find a lot in P2. And then rushing up to lift fr A to the 3rd floor.... hah!! People just rushed as if they were giving away free candy or something. The queues at the cinema were the same queues you'd normally see on a Saturday afternoon. The best part was, the line for Gold Class Tickets was -------------------------------------------------- this long! Everyone's planning to watch LOTR in Gold Class!! That's like 25 bucks a ticket, compared to the normal 10 bucks a ticket in the usual theatres. And then, the horror of horrors! A tiny little sign in bold screamed these words: " LOTR The Two Towers: Thursday Gold Class Tickets Sold Out".

Of course I didn't get my tickets, considering the knowledge that most of the seats available in other theatres were either booked or taken, I'd have to settle for the fornt 3 rows which is Never, Ever in my dictionary of to-dos. And maybe I'm like the rest of the world, I also want to watch TTT in Gold Class. So I'm going to break into Mid Valley at 5 am tomorrow to be ahead of everyone when the ticket counters open at 10.30am. If I'm lucky I might just get prime seats for Saturday night.
 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger