minishorts.net
Thursday, December 26
 
I understand perfectly well that if I continue filling up my Blog with memoirs of my food-going adventures I might as well turn this into a food connoissuer's journey Blog. That I'm not, although if God will allow me to keep my figure in check, I wouldn't mind becoming one. I heard they pay pretty well for a eatery columnist, both in $$ and in terms of food. You get to go to classy restaurants and not-so-classy ones, churn up a article about your adventures or misadventures and get paid about 150 bucks for that article which will, consequently decide the fate of the lucky/not-so-lucky restaurant. And the food is free.

Unfortunately, the food in Oishi Japanese Buffet Restaurant (Boulevard, Mid Valley) costs a bomb for a not-so-wide platter. There's the usual sushi, sukiyaki and tempura, unagi and udon also got... a bit of desert (with really dreamy Green Tea Ice Cream comparable to the ones they serve at the Hilton PJ) and good crabs and other shellfish... but stopping shy of the WIDE WIDE selective I enjoyed at Saisaki. The price? RM 43++. Of course its cheap compared to the 5 star hotel fare (Nagisa, Sunway Lagoon Resort Hotel's Japanese restaurant buffet, for instance, is RM 98++ ) but the limited platter is pretty disappointing. The occasion was Christmas Eve and we decided to bring my 78 year old granny for a visit to a nice classy place... and fortunately Oishi is victorious in that sense. Really cool atmosphere for a dedicated buffet restaurant. My granny was greatly pleased by the constant changing of plates and the 'wah-so-expensive' food... she kept on taking the oysters ... and ma and me had to keep stuffing ourselves with them in case granny had too much.

I'm headed to the Sun & Surf Cafe for New Year's Day. That's going to burn a RM 55 size-hole in my purse (because I don't put money in my pockets) but my blog will be filled with more food. Can't wait.
 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger