minishorts.net
Saturday, December 21
 
My Gold Class Adventures - Memoirs of a Self Confessed Jakun

1100 -- Arrival at Mid Valley.
1115 -- Brunch at Dave's Deli - two quarter roasts minus the potatoes for fear of carbohydrates.
1145 -- Roamed the mall. Took some photos at the Centre court. There got very nice Xmas decos!!
1215 -- Arrival at the cinema. Whoa, the crowd was unbelievable. Gold Class counters were sealed off. A small sign said "LOTR Gold Class Tickets for Sat, Sun, Mon SOLD OUT. OOOOOoooooooooh I have my tickets I have my tickets...
1220 -- Announcement: "We regret to tell you that for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, tickets for Saturday 1 pm, 1.40 pm blablabla until 12.40 midnight have been sold out. MMMMuahahahahahah serves the non-kiasu right. Go wait lah, go wait until next week!
1230 -- Want to release tension a.k.a. nature called. Tried to look rich and famous as asked the attendants at the International Screens entrance whether we could use toilets inside. Tried extra hard to maintain dignity as politely informed that Gold Class has its own private loo.
1235 -- Masuk Gold Class lounge. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh nice man. Nice nice chairs. Got mini bar. Got private toilet. Except..... private toilet only had a single cubicle. And single cubicle was occupied. Watched unhappily as PY got to finish his business first.
1237 -- Fat-girl-who-occupied-my-cubicle emerges as PY comes out. See PY's gaping mouth and figured out he thought I'd morphed into fat-girl-who-occupied-cubicle. Grinned assuringly at him. Masuk my cubicle. OK only lah.Nothing to shout about. At least its clean. Did my business. Must leave a mark behind, so decided to make big business also.
1245 -- Siap my kerja. Come out as PY was ordering Heineken and Mineral Water. Sat down on nice nice chairs to read a book on George Lucas and gaped at the nice nice pictures of George Lucas's Skywalker Ranch. One day I'll be richer than that guy.

And then.....

1255 -- Masuk theatrette. Ehhhhhhhhh no wonder they call it Gold Class. Sat down in very huge velvet armchairs that had the workings of Joey and Chandler's armchairs. Pull a clutch by the bottom left and the foot rest goes up and the chair leans back. Ahhhhhhhhh I can sleep in these.
When they show the Nokia switch off your handphone ad A GSC attendant served the ordered refreshments.
The moment of reckoning!!! -- Wahhhhhh this is better and bigger than Fellowship of the Ring. Not bad, not bad. Gollum is not that scary as the papers say. He's like what Dobby and Yoda would have produced if they decided to have a baby together!! Boyfriend drools hungrily everytime Liv Tyler appears on screen. I still think my eyes are more expressive then hers!! Wahhhhhhh Legolas is damn 'Yau Yeng' ler!!
It began to feel like this... Bloody cold. Hair all standing on end. Next time I come in I'm going to get the 5 Ringgit blanket. Things on screen getting spicier. Stupid nature trying to call again. And the cold... yeee.....
Cannot tahan liao..... And then I knew, as the baddie tried to seduce Eowyn, I had to go. I told PY I had to go. I went. I answered the call. And I ran back.
Back to the theatrette Its so dark here!!! And on screen Gandalf and crew arrive at the human settlement. Wah.... What did I miss? Still so freaking freezing ler. Wah.... Legolas is so leng chai. Wah... oops!!! Ter-duduk on the foot rest and fell on the carpet. I was so malufied!!! Idiot boyfriend was laughing at me "What happened to you?? hahaha Be careful". Malu malu malunya.....
Awestruck Great movie ler. Great great movie. The first one had parts that made me sleep. This one is better.
As the Ents have their EntmootNature ringing again. Not..... kenot...... this one must tahan....... too excited. TAHAN......
The curtain fallsDing-ding-ding. Applause for a great movie. And all the people run to the toilet. We are human after all. Ah...... don't care about them. I'll finish my urgent business at the International Screens washrooms.

The Verdict: I'm going to catch The Return of the King in Gold Class next year. And I'll bring some winter clothes and put on diapers.
 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger