minishorts.net
Friday, January 31
 
Hong Kong really is a strange, buzzling place. The last time I was here, which was back in 1996, I lived over in the Kowloon area, where people were sophisticated and very fashionable. They seemed cold, calculative and having a mind only business and money. But then, I was only 16 then. Now, its 2003, and I'm still fresh out of my 22nd birthday 3 months ago. The place where I live in, North Point, seems straight out of those Hong Kong TVB serials. This is the life of Hong Kong. The spirit, the soul of the Hong Kong Chinese. A different Hong Kong that I was introduced to the last two times I was here. And I actually like it. The people in these areas are not that sophisticated, they wear normal clothes for a change (when I stayed in Kowloon there were sports cars and branded apparels all around me, it was hard not to feel pressured). Over here where I'm living, things can go real cheap, like HK 10 for three pairs of socks and HKD 58 for a warm pretty sweater. Who says you need branded stuff to live a decent live? And these are not the pirated / faked goods.

I think I might just buy the GP rechargeable batteries for myself and PY's father (since I remember he seems to want it very much). Its only HKD 95 over here and I'm sure I can ask for a lower, cheaper price. In Malaysia, the cheapest is RM 55, so if I can get them under that over here, then I'll definitely buy them!!

Oh yeah, the CNY market they have here is amazing. Not only they have LOTS AND LOTS of flowers, they have all sorts of junk!! The toys here are tonnes and tonnes nicer than those in our common pasar malam and the memory lane shops... I especially love the ICQ memoribilia and I might just take a tram there soon to get what I wanted without my parents pestering me not to buy anything. I bought some cute giraffes for HKD 5 each and they are cute!! Very nice...

OKAY gotta go do other stuff... till tomorrow I think... and this is really getting to be a travel blog... but kinda cool anyway... I'll probably post a photo here tomorrow if possible... but I can't get access to FTP so I'll have to post some pics elsewhere... If not possible then you guys have to be patient and wait until I reach KL., which is in a week!
 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger