minishorts.net
Wednesday, January 22
 
I watched HERO today. Its funny how Mid Valley's GSC hasn't started screening it yet and yet Sunway Pyramid makes an hourly show out of it. All for RM 6 bucks per ticket too. Of course today is Wednesday and Wednesday tickets are cheaper. But still, despite the cheaper price and the earlier screenings, Pyramid was kinda cold and empty.

The movie was, however, cool, contrary to what my coursemate had said (based on her watching of the pirated version). The thematic colours were kinda silly and comic but added to the cool-ness of the movie. I'm not going to disclose the story here, but I do need to attest that, YES, in the time of the Qin dynasty, Qin Shih Huang Ti's army wore black. So that's just about why you see black so much in the show, unlike in the ASTRO Wah Lah Toi's version of the Qin Shih Huang Ti... (in case you're wondering, Ying Zheng happens to be the Emperor, and I think he's Phun Yi in the show - kinda naive and rash, huh?) ...

In the movie, my favourite character was of course the emperor, seconded only by Jet Li. I'm convinced that Jet Li can act better than Jackie Chan after this show ... he's simply cool. Tony Leung Chiu-Wai a little too cool for my liking lah, and the romance elements just got funnier and funnier - especially with the thematic colour change. The character I hated most was Zhang Ziyi, but then again I never liked her, not even in Crouching Dragon Hidden Tiger. Its weird how the gwai lo have placed her on their all time Asian pedestal when 'she's only good at men-jeling other people', to quote Michelle. That's all she does in the movie, she broods, cries and glares at other people. And cries. She can't act. Some people are going to boycott my blog for this, but its my blog and I have my rights to express my dislike of the 'lass'. Yucks.

This was not a review. This was not a critique. I'm just telling loyal visitors to this blog that HERO is worth a watch. Go watch the mandarin version. You'll be awed by the colours. And please, watch it in the cinema. Otherwise it becomes hilarious with the colour codes. The wide screen effect is definitely worth the RM 10 you're going to pay. I liked the storyline, I loved the fight scenes, I like the soundtrack. If you like cool shows like matrix... then this is THE SHOW you can't afford to miss. Trust me!
 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger