minishorts.net
Saturday, June 28
 
I just want to talk about my life at the moment which is quite perplexing. Here's one thing... my life has been pretty eventful, but as usual, not everything can be told you because, events are usually uninteresting. Oh what the heck, I'll just do a mega-uninteresting rant of my current eventful life. Note that if you find something interesting that's in between the lines perhaps, it does not, does not mean that you're as weirded off and perplexed as I am. Its a good thing. I'm becoming some sort of a freak where I am now.

Well, events here mean - classes on odd hours where the Professor sings Siti Nurhaliza tune and sthen does a Bollywood theme song and THEN after that, do the 'wo ai ni wo ai ni' thingy. That's one odd lady I have there. Or events where you feel the stress and all eyes on you as you're the only kid under 25 who's hanging around in the class with no experience whatsoever of teaching in a class for real ( see, 6 months screaming at 10 year old kids in a primary school don't count, they say ). Next best thing about being a Masters of Linguistics student pursuing a Coursework and Dissertation programme is the fact that everyone else is doing a Coursework and Project paper programme (That's a 6 credit hour paper as opposed to the Dissertation which is 18 credits ) and everyone else is doing Masters of English as a Second Language. So I'm doubly lost, and thoroughly lonely, and so I shall hide myself in the cyberworld and decide about the rest of my life for the horrible time I have to focus in bringing my paper back to my interest, which has done some pretty cyclic twisting routines over here: I'm thinking about Second Language Acquisition, and then again I'm also thinking about Computational Linguistics, and then there's also the interesting thing about Speech Pathology. Or else I might just go pretty adventurous and think about a focus in Human Communication Disorders or something. These are jargons for people in my field, don't bother my ranting please. The deal is I can only choose 3 subjects and then of course I can do my dissertation in any of the many, many fields of linguistics, but if the field I'm doing does not match the 3 subjects I choose from, then I'll have to do lots of crash reading and self-studying. Like, I'm taking the self-study route for Computational Linguistics so far since the course with Prof Gerry Knowles clashes with Research Methodology. And I don't think they offer Speech Pathology in UM as well. I don't know. Have to see next semester I think. Might pay extra for the next semester. Oh well.

I've been suffering horribly from nervousness. I'm not sure how I should handle it, but so far I've been doing okay I guess. And I think that one should never, ever message people who are not expecting you to message them like... don't message someone that you're on the way from Tapah or something. It makes me doubly nervous and wonder like 'what for you message me' because its not really the point and I'm not exactly expecting a message. These out of the blue thingies can make you jump right out of your skin, you know? You know? And its kinda cute like olden days when I had wakey-wakey and now I'm getting them again. Okay so I requested for it and it was carried out and hey its cute. Oh dear, I'm not supposed to blog this in but I'm going to be very brave and press the Post & Publish button like right now. Okay soon. Like I'm just being very normal. I am normal, right?

See, I told you I'm perplexed. Oh well. *Post & Publish*
 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger