minishorts.net
Sunday, July 6
  Just Slacking
She's just sitting here looking at a blank white screen trying to sort out some things that she wants to say because there's just too many.

There was this angel, and the angel came up to her and asked her 'Why are you crying, dearie?'

And she sniffed and looked pleadingly at the angel and told the angel that the person she loved most has told her that he didn't love her anymore, 'That's why, Angel.'

Now the angel looked at her lovingly, smiled and placed a kiss on her forehead, 'Don't you know, dearie, that's why you're so lucky. You get to be with the person who really loves you from now on.'

'But where is he?' She asked. 'If I'm lucky, then why am I so sad?'

The angel held her hand and pointed into the horizon, 'See?'

She saw nothing. 'He's there, out there. He'll come to you. You'll see.'

And then the tears dried and then ...

Dearest Dr. Ng:

I've been thinking about the AL journal assignment that you gave to us. I've been reading through the articles, and I've been thanking my dearest angels for giving me some speed reading skills. But I'd like to pray for retention skills, because I think I'm leaking badly, the things I read seems to flow out of my nostrils the moment I digest them. Back onto the papers. Why should I study Applied Linguistics when I'm not going to become a teacher? Or why should Masters of Linguistics students do the subject as a core paper? I think its ridiculous. Of course I really enjoy your class, because its really interesting and fun to be in, just that I really don't get the purpose and point of making it compulsory for students like me. I don't know what it feels like being the kid in the class ... a little intimidated by all the aunties and the uncles I guess. People tend to look at me one-kind you know? And then they look at me and like to use this phrase: "You're so young, you should try." And then, I have to do a lot of stuff.

I got a job already. See, now that I'm working, doesn't that make me an equal? Why are they bullying me like this??!!!

I want to care about students and their plight in the learning of English as the Second Language. Its just that I have no experience whatsoever to draw from. I can only think of Grammar crap and Armchair Linguistics ... and I so believe in Chomsky. Its the Nature school I'm with. Full stop. I don't like Skinner, because I think Skinner craps and human beings aren't dogs. So maybe I'll just ring a bell and my kid will say 'Food?' But wait, I don't even have a kid yet, heck I'm not married! So where do I draw the experience ?

I'm so going to fail your paper. Please sympathize with me!

Very sincerely,
Choo Ki


And so she heads on to the road and starts looking for the person who the angel said truly loves her. 'But he will come to you you see.' So? She's deprived. She needs emotional strength in this agonizing road to victory. But she still prays.
 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger