minishorts.net
Saturday, July 5
  The Life
The life has taken a strange turn. Well, maybe a few, but I'd always thought that life being a singular entity, should move in one singular direction. But if you look at life as a two-prong fork for example, then having it turning here in parts and turning the opposite way also, could be a way of staring at it straight in the eye, right? And then, it's not just two-headed... its a multiple-perspective thingy that heads on to different directions all at once.

Yes, I noticed it too. I ramble a lot lately. Chunk after chunk of s.h.i.t.load nonsense that's now beautifully presented to you on tiny sized words. Forgive the font size by the way. Someone said that its supposed to look more classy, and indeed, having the blog in a bigger font might take away the aesthetic value of this site. Which bring me back to the question of Project Petaling Street not being able to allow the permalinks to be seen in their full glory, meaning, if you got here via the blog url instead of the site url you won't be able to see Harry and gang ... you'll just be greeted by a white words on a white background. Oh well, *urgh*...

Actually a little while ago (more like 1/2 a year ago) I was more earnest in the construction of content. You see, I thought having my entire life documented here would be such a wonderful thing, and then it was great getting some pretty encouraging feedback from what I call the minishorts devotees (kembang sikit, if you don't mind). Until I got sick of my own design after surfing through the incredible things that people have put into their site! I thought I'd get to work and polish up my skills and try a little tricks in html / css / iframes here and there... but I never thought of actually venturing this far... well until I got hosted by Trish dearie and ooooohhh weeee! I was so happy, except everyone in the urban-flirt family had such fantastic design skills. So in a nutshell, yes, it was a case of kiasu and kiasi streaks, I didn't want to be left out... so there... the reason why this blog may be difficult for people with slow loading times and why this blog is so IE 6 friendly only...... Anyway, its nice to have people do the design for you and I certainly am pleased with this version of minishorts@urban-flirt!

But that aside... the life has just been rendered more miserable, and so I am warning you that if you come in here and you read about sporadic mind to blog transfers of Applied Linguistics Theories please do not be alarmed at the bulk of jargonized vocabulary I will dump into this site. My dearest professor has gleefully announced that "I want you to feel for the articles you have read and reflect on the marvels that these incredible, incredible thinkers have put into what is what I personally agree to be horrendously tedious and time consuming articles!!!!" and mischievously grinned at the 10% she's going to give us for our 'journal assignments'.

Today's ideas shall cease (for now). I'm off to do a little more reading.
 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger