minishorts.net
Tuesday, July 1
 
Shallow Salesgirls

I'm not going to mention the name of the shop I was in. Not going to put down people in public. But human beings like to label people, they like to have stereotyped ideas in their head the moment they build up their first impressions. You walk into a boutique with a guy and they assume 'ooh they're a couple.' And so ... minishorts presents to you, the defining conversation:

Minishorts: I think I'll take this one.
Minishorts' Male Friend whom she just bumped into: Well, it looks great.
Salesgirl to Minishorts' Male Friend: So sir, how would you be paying for your wife?


Wwoooops there... sorry girl. We're not married. Not even dating. We're just friends who happened to bump into each other outside your precious boutique! Oh well, continuation:

Minishorts' Male Friend who decides to be very mischievous: Oh I forgot to bring my wallet so she's paying today.
Salesgirl trying to be very friendly: Hahaha... okay...
Minishorts' who decides to play along: Well he forgets all the time anyway.


Well of course the above incident wouldn't be as funny if I wasn't labelled as Chocobo's wife at the HP Warehouse sale. And to think the guy who made the blooper wasn't a salesman. This was a decent, well-educated 50-ish Caucasian who blurted out to Chocobo, "Ah those are great shoes. Your wife agrees doesn't she?"

Please remind me to tie pigtails and wear a school uniform the next time I go out with a male friend so that I'll be labelled as someone's daughter / sister instead.
 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger