minishorts.net
Friday, July 11
 
UNDERSTANDING MOSKOWITZ

That wasn't that bad at all, considering the fact that I've been procrastinating over the topic for several weeks after volunteering to compile the notes from the 11 members of my Applied Linguistics class group. Trying to decipher the different slants and curves of their handwriting has taken a toll on my already damaged eyesight (which currently still requires no glasses heh), and finally I ended up doing the entire thing myself. I'm taking this lightly as I consider all this a way to revise, since I'm such a pig and would actually prefer to blab nonsense to my bewildered Form 5 student who's very fond of repeating the last words of my sentences. I told Chocobo that I think this kid has a crush on me. He just cracks up at every single joke or non-joke that I make. Its getting annoying and very freaky since this kid is SO MUCH taller than me. Me thinks he's taller than the ex.

Oh well, the compilation came to be 5 pages long in Times New Roman 10 pt, and 1/2 inch margins at all sides... that's pretty long! See! There's my perfectly valid excuse for dawdling around. Well, in the process I've been blogsurfing as well. You know... this blog thingy, its becoming pretty much a part of so many of our lives eh? As much as we keep denying or pretend to deny that we're just blogging for the sake of it, the glaring observation (and thus, Minishorts admits) that a lot of our blogs, as we take it on, owns us. Daryan, for instance messaged me the other day and apologized for not blogging. Apologized for not blogging! Hiaks! We're all guilty of not blogging once in a while, but isn't it rather odd to apologize for something that's supposed to be your own choice? Well, why can't we be guilty of apologizing for something that does not require any remorse? If lessay, today, right now, I decide to put on a permanent hiatus to minishorts@urban-flirt would that be a sin as much as to say "Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. It has been 3 hours since I last looked at my blog, or any blog for that matter."? I wonder.

We all are slaves to our blogs. Ha ha ha. Well I'm admitting that and I'm not ashamed of it. Its not that bad after all considering the pretty faithful following that I've gained in terms of visits as well as the wonderful people who own other wonderful blogs.

But Dr. Ng:

I haven't finished reading the lot yet. 5 articles in a week is becoming too much for me, especially since I started working. I'm beginning to idolize my boss ... she's such a genius. She has all the books that Prof. Elaine provided in her 'recommended supplements' list. Now I don't have to queue up for the library versions that only allow a 1 day loan because of their exhorbitant prices. My boss has them all. She's such a genius. I want to be like her. And Dr Wong, you won't kill me if I told you that I might not go into the academic arena, would you? I think publishing suits me. Perhaps it might please you to know that I'm thinking of a career in academic publishing. I hope to thrive there. And maybe my boss will give me my iMAC! I'm nuts. Oh Dr. Ng... my favourite article is the one entitled 'Underachievement Among Minority Students'. I think you should send that article to the Malaysian Ministry of Education. Just one sentence might provide them with a little insight on why the current waves of language shifts in the system is such a crappy and pointless move.

Not only is a switch to English unnecessary, it can easily backfire by lowering the quality of parent-child [teacher-student, student-student, teacher-teacher...]interaction in the home [classroom, office, workplace...]and exposing the children to poor models of English. (Cummins)

But then again, I don't think those people have the ability to understand such a simple expression of professional opinion.


Its at 3 am in the morning that I'm crazy like this.
 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger