minishorts.net
Monday, August 25
 
BLOGGER'S BLOCK

Four days of not blogging and I'm still suffering from blogger's block. Its like up there in the mind where all the creative juices are supposed to flow... well, everything's dried up like one of those Sunsweet prunes. Yuckie. I'm resorting to a 'reportative' entry:

This coming Friday morning's going to be my General Linguistics mid semester paper. This is the only masters course I'm taking this sem that actually requires a mid-semester paper. Costs a whopping 50% of the total 100, and well, its a 3 hour paper and I have to study well enough to be able to finish it within 1/2 hour. Going somewhere this merdeka weekend for a company seminar. My brain's all locked with this jamming shots of worries that seems to send warning impulses every 10 minutes: DEADLINE UP! DEADLINE UP!

Deadline's not up, but that's how it goes in publishing. Any publishing. While newspaper publishing goes by the day, we go by certain targeted weeks or days. The biggest differences is we're looking at at least 160 pages of manuscript or page proofs per editor, whereas in newspaper, we're looking at the day's news, which can vary from a short article to a full fledged cover story which may run several pages. Either way, publishing is one hectic career to head into. Team that up with a personal will to do a post-graduate degree at the same time, and you get over kill.

Sometimes.

Other times, I really enjoy it.

I guess that's life. Oh well, can't wait for the weekend when I can go for my very first working holiday, all transport and accommodation expenses paid.
 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger