minishorts.net
Friday, August 8
 
MINISHORTS DOES A CONFESSIONAL

Disclaimer: I got this from sixthseal.com. I think its a good questionnaire, that's why I'm answering the questions. This is going to be a very long post. You don't have to read it. If you read it and you feel offended, don't hurl bricks at me. I'm just being confessional. And that's not entirely a bad thing. Here goes!

When and why did you start your daily reads list?
You're talking about the links? When I first started blogging, I surfed around other blogs and I saw that it was 'customary'. Obviously it was a part of blogging culture, so I followed suit.

Do you truly visit your daily reads DAILY?
Not every daily read. Some of them I visit several times a day. I know some are on hiatus, and I hope that they come back soon. Others don't blog everyday, so I go in a few times a week to see updates.

Why do you add these people as your daily reads?
Mostly because I enjoy the sites a lot. When I started blogging, my goal was to get as many people as possible to read my blog. Basically I just marathon surfed and collected about ten people that I really enjoyed reading, tagged their guestbooks / tagboards and got linked to theirs. Cool thing is, I actually became friends with some of them! Nowadays, I do reciprocal links only if I enjoy reading sites. And if I find a site that's really great, I do a link, although its not necessary for them to link me in return. In fact, I'd rather not.

How many people are on your daily reads?
In my 'Minishorts Addiction' section, that's the blogroll, I have 35! Now please don't blame me for not visiting all your links everyday!!!

Have you deleted people from your daily reads, if so why?
Yeah. Doesn't everybody do that? People go on hiatus permanently, some of them wrote me personally to ask me to take them off (the really ultra-personal blogs) .... that type. Oh to be really confessional, I do deletion to what I call link-mistakes as well. As in, I thought the site was good, but then it became not so good after that.... so I take it off. Since I don't read it anyway, what's the point?

Do you comment on your daily reads DAILY?
No lah. Are you nuts? Not everything is worth commenting. If I did comment to everything, it'd be like ... saying something just for the sake of saying something. What's the point?

How often do you modify your daily reads?
Often enough. That's thanks to blogrolling.com. Dream come true, that one.

Do you link people on your daily reads only because they linked you?
Yes sometimes. Not all the time. I think I answered this already. If they link me and they're nice to read, nice to see, then alright. If not, I'm not bothered. Usually I go back to sitemeter to see who links me... once in a while you get referrals from new sites, and you'll know that you've just been linked. If the site's worth linking back, then I'll link back. But just because I link back, I still don't go to those sites daily. The ones that I religiously visit remains those very first few ones that I linked up. But they don't blog all that often.

Does daily reads have special meaning to you?
Since I had so many 'rules', OBVIOUSLY YES!!!!!

Your daily reads are mostly (F/M):
You know, there's actually an equal balance there. That's score one for minishorts!
Okay. After typing so much I realized that most of them are Male.

What do you get from reading your daily reads?
Emotional de-stress. Intellectual input. Ideas for me to do my masters dissertation. Updates in 'style' for literature studies. I'm doing my masters in linguistics, but if I were majoring in Literature (which I almost did, but unfortunately didn't because I'm just too lazy), I'd say there's such a myriad of styles in blog-writers' output that its worth doing tonnes and tonnes of ground-breaking research on. Forget Hemingway, forget Dickinson, blogging has since become an art. Amazing. Whoever said that literature, Malaysian literature, is dying out because of 'low standard of English' should really go online and start plugging into Project Petaling Street and get inspired from there.

Are you likely to read LONG blog entries from your daily reads?
Uh oh. Oh dear. My entries are VERY LONG eh? That good or bad? But I read long stuff. Minishorts is a speedreader, and this is not boasting or anything. Its because in my field of work (I'm an editor) I have to hone skills to produce high-volume but quality output. I skim and scan the work, and if its really good, I'll make a second round for the details.

Do you expect your daily reads to read your blog everyday in return?
Are you nuts? Crazy ah? No ler... I'm not even bothered if they link me back in return.

Who on your daily reads has the coolest name?
Wait ah lemme go see.... Issy. That's Isabel. Cool name. I wish she updated more often though. And she writes a mean thing, has great photos.

Who on your daily reads has the coolest layouts?
Go see Arches' site. I think he's a genius.

Who on your daily reads is most likely to comment in your blog?
That's easy. Ryuu. Sixth Seal. Shadowlight. Chocobo.

How many people on your daily reads are your friends in "real life"?
Lesseee... Shadowlight, Ken, Nicster, Gerrard, Darrell, Chui and Chocobo.

Who is the most intelligent or insightful person?
Used to be Teddybwear!!!! But she's gone into permanent hiatus. No substitutes. I don't like substituting people.

Who is the least favorite/most annoying person on your daily reads?
Tarak. If got they wouldn't be on my list would they? Hiaks.

Who is most likely to give you news about the world or internet?
Hmm previously didn't have anyone like that. Niki kua....

Have you ever wanted to meet people on your daily reads?
Yeah why not. I've just never been able to go to one of those big blog meetups because *eeks* I'm a workaholic who works almost 15 hours a day! Not including the time for my studies. *Sniff sniff.* Be glad I have the time for this.

Who do you admire the most?
Graceshu!!! This woman just 'kills' me literally. Amazing stuff.
Archesray!!!!!! Wahlau, his site design is FANTASTIC. F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!!!

Who has an attitude problem?
Who says that having an attitude has to be a problem? Most of my daily reads have attitudes. These are the cool ones: sixthseal.com, Grace, Likki.

Who is the funniest?
That has got to be Gerrard. Oh yeah, he's also hilarious in chatrooms.

Who is the sweetest?
Used to be Cindy. VERY SWEET. Sometimes so sweet you need to tambah air. But she's on hiatus now. Miss her though.

Who is the most out-going?
I have no idea how come sixthseal.com mentioned me as the most out-going... and that my posts are personal!!!! HAHA!!! But for me, the most out-going should be Chocobo. That's cos he's always going out!!!!

Whom can you trust the most?
Wena. Shadowlight. Chocobo.

Whom do you know the best?
Shadowlight, this budak literally lives next to me. Really one. Same kampung. The other one is Chocobo, I think.

Whom do you talk to most online?
Wena and Chocobo.

Who is the lastest daily reads you added?
Rachael. Welcome to my addictions list!!!!

Whose blog do you wish to drool all over on?
Why would I go dirty people's blog like that? HAHAHA. None.
Correction: the more I visit Wena's the more I want to eat up her site. Drooling saliva all over my keyboard!!!!!!!

Whose blog do you enjoy reading the most?
You know. I don't have a clue.

You are least likely to comment on which blog(s)?
What a strange question. I don't know. Its not a non-committal answer. I just really find this a strange question. Probably because I'm not one to go around commenting.

 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger