minishorts.net
Tuesday, August 19
 
MINISHORTS DOES A MUM-MUM

The closer blog-pals who've been on a personal chat basis with me would know about my recent addiction to both Wena the darling and her blog, and how I've been inspired to be take photos of food as well.

Mom was making Wan Tans the other day, that's chinese dumplings. Its a non-halal dish in my home, cos our wan tans have minced pork, prawn and coriander leaves in it. Here's what it looks like before it hits the stove:


My hands were a little shaky when I took this one, not very good at taking photos when my mom is chasing me away. HAHA... Oh well, there's the wantan waiting to be cooked. Flame's on medium, btw. And that's clear water. The stock's supposed to be chicken stock, my mom boils it in another pot and dishesout the wantan first, then only pours the clear soup over it, so that it looks better.


Ready to be served. Garnish with coriander leaves and spring onions.


Oh yeah, by the way, I thought this pic looked quite nice:

These are roasted chicken wings. They have very good ones in Jalan Alor, near Bukit Bintang, but where I stay, near Steven's Corner, the chicken wings are good as well. Very, very nice, very, very tasty.

And my staple diet at Steven's Corner everytime I go there (that's at least once weekly):

This is Roti Tisu (pronounced 'tissue'). Its a crispy, conical wafer coated with sugar on the underneath. I really, really like it.
 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger