minishorts.net
Friday, September 26
 
MIDNITE LILY INTERVIEWS MINISHORT / DARN THOSE CELCOM PEOPLE

The esteemed lily finally posted her interview questions! You can join in the fun too! Just follow the rules:
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment saying "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.


1. How and why did you start blogging?
13 September 2002. Renbin (who doesn't blog) showed me Ditesh's blog (now at this site). I visited, I read, I got hooked and decided I need one too. I thought I had 'Big Little Thoughts' so I named the blog 'big little thots' but i thought biglittethots@blogspot doesn't sound cool, so I grabbed a silly nick that rhymed with 'thots' and I thought mini sounded a little controversial, and the rest, they say, is history. Oh yeah, I also wanted to blog a lot of about my *then* boyfriend and gush about how much we were in love with each other and all that. This, as we say, is history. So minishorts is now blog-happy, career wise, education successful, single, footloose and fancy-free. And I'm going to say something pretty academic about what my blog is. THE JOURNAL:

'A journal is more than a memory goad. Its therapeutic. The simple act of opening a notebook (in this case, my w.bloggar programme) to put words down stills the crosscurrents of worry, drawing to focus the essential thought patterns that best define us, intersecting those thoughts with the condition of our life at that exact moment. A journal is one of the few anchors the human condition allows us.' - Randy Wayne White, 2003:85, in Reader's Digest, June 2003


2. Who is your biggest inspiration in life?
I am inspired by many people and there is no single one that has earned the pedestal position. In no particular order, my inspiration lies in the few friends and acquaintances I know: Dr Wong, Dr Ng, Dr Quayum, Dr Shirley Lim (sorry lah I've been living around in the academia for too long), and then there's my boss Kuan, Joyce, people like Boon and Melinda, also Jiin Joo (like how many people get into CMU and then Stanford!!!!!! On scholarship some more!), then there's famous people like Gandhi, Dr M (this is not a cliche okay I'm really inspired by him and his speeches), there's Tim Sebastian (watch Hardtalk on BBC and you'll know what I mean), Hilary Clinton (atta go, that's a woman's woman) ... Yeah.... in no particular order.

3. When you look at yourself in the mirror, what do you see?
I see myself, eyes having dark brown circles around them and fine lines thanks to late nights on the Internet and forcing myself to conduct silly online researches in order to find relevance with weblog/sms research (that's most probably what my dissertation is going to focus on, btw), chats, and waking up horribly early in the morning to drag my but to work. I see three dimples when I smile and thank the heavens for bestowing me with them.... but also, I see pimples, and large pores and scars speckling my skin and I think... GOD I LOOK HORRID. And the flab! How could I forget the flab!? I see myself and I think I need to lose weight and be more disciplined. Yes keep reminding myself. Maybe tomorrow onwards I'll start blogging my daily food and calorie intake.

4. If you weren't doing what you're doing now, what would you be doing?
If I weren't blogging now, I'd be sleeping because I need to sleep early. If I weren't an editor with Fajar Bakti, I'd probably be doing my masters degree full time. If I weren't doing my masters degree, I'd probably be an editor with Fajar Bakti full time.

5. If you would star in your own TV show, what would it be about?
Well I thought my love life with the ex-bf was really tv show material. I think the part where I was trying to leave the deserted road in my black wira while he stood on looking dazed.... and then the car didn't start..... that part? That's almost Meg Ryan material. Yeah. Its good enough to be in the movies. Now did I ever blog about this? Nope. HAHAHAHAH... yeah.... urgh darn I'm stupid for making that puzzle. *sniff* I so want it back. Anyway. Over. Done. And I'm such and idiot for making that puzzle for him. Not that he's had the courtesy to initiate a reconciliation for friendship even. BLEH.

OKAY done! And I so hate Celcom. And GAWD those Linkin Park concert organizers sure are stupid to have the concert on a Wednesday. I was telling Chocobo yesterday and gloating about how cool it is to be in KL and then... I realised..... work on Wednesday usually extends to around 6-7 pm ..... like...... how the hell am I going to get to the concert from Hicom Glenmarie on time? Plus Celcom's taken up the area right in front of the stage. Like. DUH. STUPID.

And you know what? I have the feeling that the guys might just change their tour stop, what with the silly Ministry of Arts, Tourism and Culture making such silly rulings about what they can and cannot do.

And on another note, some of you might be interested to know that I've decided to attend a party where I don't know anyone. Maybe I'm feeling a little adventurous. Or maybe, the exam blues is really getting to me.
 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger