minishorts.net
Sunday, October 5
 
IT'S A NICE BREEZY SUNDAY AFTERNOON

Breezy's the word for it alright. Almost froze to death taking my shower in the middle bathroom where there's an air-well. That's when the wind seems to pour its way down what must be twelve metres of wall... and you stand right under the hot water shower trying to get yourself spicky, shiny clean. Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh....... bliss? Bliss comes after you get out of the bath, hair smelly fresh of coconut and orange juice and thanking the heavens for the sweet, cool weather, albeit it was horrid standing in that bathroom.

Its a nice breezy Sunday afternoon and I'm feeling nice and breezy.

I just found out the reason why I gained two extra kilos. The weighing scale's not adjusted accordingly. Instead of pointing to zero, the stationery needle was pointed to the number two. Ah. I'm feeling happy today. At least I know that chocolate truffle, mushroom soup and eastin oriental shrimp salad does not pile two kilogrammes on you. At the same time I've decided to maintain this little low-cal diet, since I'm at it already. Today I bought a one ringgit basketful of sweet lime, you know, the kind that they use to make the limau-ais at the mamak stalls. One ringgit makes up about 20-25 limes... so you do know that RM 1 for a glass of limau-ais is actually a rip-off. But anyway, you just have to mix one tablet of pal-sweet artificial sweetener, two limes and a bag of Boh Cameronian tea to one mug of hot boiling water and bingo! You've got yourself a home-made concoction of hot lime tea. Very soothing for the throat, very filling and stops me from eating so much. Did you know about the Ballerina cookies they sell at the new Ikea mountain-warehouse? Going for RM 3 per roll and they're sinfully delicious and awfully heavy on the calories. Now that's what I'm going to avoid for the rest of the week. I'm writing it down in here so that I remember that. That, as well as my non-stop craving for fries, the ayam goreng McD *crispy* and stuff that's fatty and oily, plus less carbohydrates... and all. Aim? To absolutely lose two kilos... even when the scale is working fine. Might as well concentrate and make it work, eh?

Are you certain that dumb bells won't increase the size of my upper arms? Mindy's a dancer and she used to lift dumb bells but apparently she's stopped them because they made her arms bigger.

I am certain, that by now, you must think that Minishorts is a shallow, weight conscious and therefore, look conscious freak who has fallen into that Cleo-magazine duped believers category. Think: fair is beautiful, slim is beautiful and....... I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT!!!

Oh well. So be it.

I've redesigned the arrangement of my room, btw. My bedroom is now a full fledge bedroom with a three seater sofa for guests to camp in in case there's not enough room for the bulk of us, and a private telephone just next to the sofa. There's also the wardrobe (its a built-in) in there... but otherwise, that's just it. No books in there. All the books and bookcases as well the study tables have been moved into this room where the comp is. So right now, there's three study tables (including the one where this comp is placed), and a mini library. I was checking out my books yesterday and was both amused and appalled to find the following two titles sitting in the dust Sexorama and The Sex Maniac's Joke Book. Good gracious, where on earth did they come from? Minishorts has many, many books, collected from cousins, purchased from warehouse sales and sometimes, splashed from classy bookstores like Kinokuniya and MPH.

And the jokes in the books are hilarious.

OK... I might just bring them to the book blogger's meet. Who wants to steal them?

 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger