minishorts.net
Monday, October 6
 
RAIN, RAIN GO AWAY, COME AGAIN WHEN MY EXAM'S OVER

I got STUCK in the office when I had a half day leave because of the silly rain and so I had to do extra work. Means phoning up people pestering them for quotations, phoning up my supervisor (who is writing a book that I'm editing, urgh the irony of it) and pestering her to hand in her manuscripts, phoning up my ex-debate club advisor and telling her 'LOOK HERE, IF YOU DON'T GIVE ME THAT MANUSCRIPT ANY SOONER I'M GOING TO CUT YOU OFF THE COMMISIONING LIST' ... in kinder terms lah of course, and trying to train my eye for detail at the same time.

Hah!! MY bloody eye for detail still hasn't trained that sharp eagle's sense for subject-verb agreement errors. Most of my sentences don't have concord.

Oh well... the life of an aspiring OUP Editorial Manager.

I took on a new student today, since I'm letting go of a few fifth formers. This girl's name is Shen Huey. Likki's probably going to laugh her a** off. I know I ter-sent a message to the other Shen that's supposed to be meant for her. But this girl's a cutie. She's got curly hair and nice hazelnut eyes. Looks a bit mixed lah. OK. THat's about all I'll reveal about my students. *Have to jaga their privacy mah*

BTW, my other student, who started off a year ago with a 57 in his English paper just scored a sweet 84 marks for his trial examination. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy!!!!!!!!

I'm going to go back to that Form 2 book now. Have a great night!
 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger