minishorts.net
Saturday, November 22
  Hokkien Char Reunion


Joseph got back from New Zealand for a holiday and Davin and me decided to go to O & S Restaurant in Paramount for good ole' hokkien char. We had a splendid time yakking the hours away over oily, fatty thick yellow noodles in ooey gooey black sauce and hot grilled calamari.

Joseph's from the 1999 BRATs camp that I was a dedicated senior at, and from there we went on to several BRATs projects together, including the really cool APEC Virtual Trade Mission project in 1998 where both of us got our seven-day shot at stardom. We had this 1/2 hour youth special on NTV 7 every day, where along with about 40 other youths from Malaysian and the world around, we interviewed world political and economic leaders who had come to the conference.

I thought dinner was great... except for the fact that the old Ah Pek who takes the orders seem to think Minishorts is some mother or big kah-che or something. When Davin added a plate of Hokkien Hor Fun to the order, he had to walk over and tell me that Dav added an order. And then, he had to walk to me to ask for the money, as if I was treating a bunch of kids ....

I hope I don't look that old. I'm less than a year older than Dav, and only about two years older than Joseph!!! I think I'm going to sit in a corner and mourn the weekend away.

BTW, happy raya!


 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger