minishorts.net
Tuesday, December 9
  Recap on 2003: Rather Early, But Then Again
I've been thinking about the past year.

I've been reading my beginning of year resolutions and you know what? In about 22 days or less, the year will be over and soon it will be 2004.

I just needed to be reminded of such trivial things as resolutions I guess... yes. This early in December.

In the beginning of the year, I resolved to...

1. Be nicer to my parents. >> I think I achieved this
2. Be nicer to my boyfriend. >> I know I achieved this, but he ran out of me before I could complete the task .
3. Earn more money. >> Since I already am working....
4. Spend less money. >> Since I have more money, nope....
5. Make more friends. >> Alright, this one I'm there and far in front, I hope.
6. Get closer to the older friends. >> Yeah well, I hooked up with the BRATs again.
7. Get those idiots from hi-school who do not want to remember hi-school to remember each other. >>No comments lah.
8. Earn better grades. >> Yeap. On the way.
9. Graduate on time. >>Right. Right on time.
10. Get 1st class honours. >> Got here, along with the faculty prize!
11. Get a good job when I graduate. >> I have a job. I'm not complaining.
12. If I don't (11) , then get a place at a good university with good financial backing for my postgraduate studies. >> Well I'm in UM now.
13. Get that digital camera. >> Achieved.
14. Do more charity. >> I think I do more social work now.
15. Don't be so fierce to people I don't know. >> Not sure about this one...
16. Smile more. >> I'm sure I smile a lot more these days.
17. Learn how to be more 'girly' >> Having developed a craze for shopping, would that count me in as more feminine?
18. Get a new hair cut before 2003 ends. >> I got 3 hair cuts, each shorter than the previous.
19. Lose 3 kgs and 18 inches off waist, hips, arms, thighs. >> Lost 9 kgs and regained another 4. Means I lost 5 kgs. Achieved. But can be improved.
20. Redesign my blog at least 3 times. >> Proven record. Bimonthly design updates, at least. Plus shifted my blog three times this year.
No promises they'll all work through but at least I swear to try....

So, apart from #2, 4, 7 and 15, I have passably achieved most of my resolutions. Having 20 resolutions in a year is a long list!! I have to work on my 2004 resolutions now... Really need to plan them out properly.

Why am I talking about all this so early?

When you make resolutions, you are supposed to keep them. I'm just freaked that the year is soon coming to its end and I'm still groping around in this void, waiting to be picked up by somebody who could really care about me without wanting me to behave in a way I cannot force myself to behave. I've been strong, though. That, I'm sure of.

The next few days will be busy, busy.

 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger