minishorts.net
Monday, February 9
  Aren't You Happy?
I must be on a slightly extra sensitive mood today. Maybe its because of the lack of sleep.

Last night, I accidentally deleted 200 MB worth of photos, ones that I took over the CNY holidays and some that were taken during the month of December. All that remains are the resized 'saved-for-web' copies that are in the gallery. Following which I felt a pain in my chest that started to burn a little.

But still, because I was anticipating happiness, the agony of losing 200 MB worth of memories didn't hit me that badly. I thought that's all too fine because good things were coming to be...

But the shock of it is I'm supposed to be exuberant but ultimately I'm not. I thought I would be extremely happy and joyful I'm not. I'm just slightly pinched, somewhere near the heart, a little bit sore and a little bit slighted. Add that on to the earlier mishap, what was really a very miniscule prick around the ribcage suddenly trickled a little.

Never mind, it dried up later. So it doesn't matter now.

There's got to be a cage around my heart I guess, it having been sliced across over and over again in the past. At one point in my life I thought that the wounds in my heart would never heal, and recently they did seem to have disappeared.

I guess scars don't go away, they haunt you once in a while, and the experience of what has been sort of makes you build protective barriers about yourself.

You probably don't know what I'm talking about—but I really felt slighted. I think I'm going to sit in a corner by myself and think about what has happened for a bit. But this time I'm not going to talk it out. In the past I've learnt that talking things out don't always work. However, I'm blogging this because I don't want to keep it in my heart forever, because I believe in a little bit of voyeuring, because a little bit of spillage will make me look at things in another light and see how small the matter really is, and that I ought to be happy.

Because that's what everyone deserves to be. Happy.
 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger