minishorts.net
Tuesday, February 17
  Why Minishorts?
One of the most frequent questions I get from friends and readers would be why I've named my domain (and henceforth, my online alter-ego) 'minishorts'. Somehow, it sounds like a pretty risque pseudonym, possibly giving off some incorrect assumptions about what I'm like... No, I do not fancy wearing hot-pants, nor miniskirts and Minishorts is certainly not that kind of blonde-haired wannabe clubber... I've said it many times, its because when I first started the blog, it was called in a very cliched manner, 'Big Little Thots', but biglittlethots.net didn't sound very cool... plus the fact that I got hosted by the urban-flirt.net people (whose site has since been taken off the net), I chose a domain name that would rhyme with 'thots'. And, since it was a blog, with what would be usually 'shorter' entries... I used the word 'shorts'.

Come to think of it, why must 'minishorts' be regarded as a pair of women's outer garments? Could mini-shorts be considered in another fashion, mini short entries? Mini short posts? Mini short blogs? Mini Shorts. Get it? Faham? Comprendez?

Okay, so most of what I type aren't that short anyway, but the point is, Minishorts is not a risque person, she's not affiliated in anyway to women in ultra high-cut bikinis or great bods (in which case she's trying desperately hard to keep her fat from protruding out of her jeans waistline).

My ex hated the idea of the blog. Read here. He absolutely deplored the idea of the open online outlet. You see, when I first started my blog I was still dating Pek Yong, going to celebrate our third year together... and then I found out about blogging, got hooked on it and eventually became quite The Blogger ... Funnily as I gained momentum in writing my thoughts on the blog the mechanisms of my relationship just ceased to work gradually. And then finally the clockwork broke apart and this is the woman you know now. And I like her more than i like the woman who was dating Pek Yong.

Any regrets?

A colleague of mine passed away in a sudden road accident yesterday... and now that I think about it, life is just too short to dwell on regrets, or think of what could have been. The unpredictable quality of life itself also makes it unreasonable to plan too much on the future, because like what they say, 'You never know what you're going to get.' Life's really made up of little chunks of 'mini' shorts, in many ways... the expected will happen, yes, but always expect the unexpected, and that they always come in little shorts, and however miniscule the details might be, the effects that they might throw on you would always be astounding. And don't be shocked. Or regret too much. Or think about it too much. Or spend too much time crying over split milk. Or about what could have been.

So no. No regrets.
 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger