minishorts.net
Monday, March 15
  It's Happening Again
Isn't it?

I told myself that it won't, at least I promise that I will try not to make it happen... but here I am, falling into that very same trap again. Maybe you know already, that it's just what I am, by nature, I'm terribly clingy... when I found a nice wall to lean against, I just can't leave it as it is, I have to leave my paw prints all over it, scratch it sometimes, and hug and press myself against it over and over again.

Ideally, walls that you lean against stay stationary; they don't run away, they don't get angry at you. But in my reality, the walls often find me too hot to handle. Of course, initially, I'm terribly exciting to be with, hey, she's your wildest dream come true, surely you would have known it by now. But my walls are alive, and they have feelings too, and they can't handle hot, burning tongs. When I burn a wall too much, there are marks, and the wall looks ugly. If I hit against the wall too hard, the wall cannot take the pressure, and you know what happens?

It falls down. It crumbles.

And suddenly, she's standing again, the wind strongly heaving against her, no wall to protect her. The storm and the lightning threatening their blows at her, no wall to hide behind.

I've been stranded in an unwanted storm before, when the strong walls I built around me suddenly decided to cave in all around me. That pain was intolerable, and I don't want that to happen again. I keep telling myself, I know I built the wall, I know I pulled the wall down, and I know the mechanics of how you can pull a wall down, how you can make the wall stronger. I don't want my new wall to crumble around me, I want to make it strong, and tall, protective, and reliable... so that I can run to lean against it when I need support...

I just cannot bear to see my walls falling around me again.

But somehow, somehow, I have that feeling that, that thing, that thing, is really, quite inevitable. Because like what they all say, 'That's expected of you.'
 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger