minishorts.net
Thursday, May 27
  Seeking Potentials
Its funny how at this point of time some people are looking more attractive than others ... on the market. Going to fairs and conferences has allowed me to meet A LOT OF nice guys, and hmmmm... yeah, well... it's quite a pity I'm no longer 'a commodity on the market' (SL's probably going to kill me for typing this in).

Maybe when you're nearing your mid-twenties and having just entered the society as an individual owned by herself, people look at you in a different light? In school, I was never a hottie, most of my friends were guys, yes, but that's only because I was 'one of the guys'. Did I tell you about my good friend whom every guy wanted to date? Almost every other month she would receive a bouquet of flowers from an admirer! This was from Form 1?we were only thirteen, ya?

I only got my first serious admirer nearing the end of form five. Well, at least I had ONE admirer that I knew of during the whole of my secondary education.

But back to now... to be bringing up small talk in the little circle of colleagues and rivals in the publishing world, to have innuendoes slipping in here and there, with casual invites to dinners and movies.

Or is everyone already in their mid twenties to mid thirties, moving around the world WITHOUT a significant other, seeking 'potentials' everywhere?

Maybe I am already with Mr Right. Or maybe Mr Right will come tomorrow. Or maybe there will be several Mr Rights. Whatever happens... well, I belong to myself, ultimately. Obviously that's how things are supposed to be.
 




<< Home
we hope she's getting better...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Narcissistic, just like you. Otherwise, you'd like to think she's living a better life than you are. Walk on for the future.

ARCHIVES
September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 /


Powered by Blogger